Duration: 1 day
Imagine being able to simulate a what-if scenario over a million times in a few minutes? Crystal Ball can do that and much more. Crystal Ball (standard edition) is the easiest way to perform Monte Carlo simulations in your Excel spreadsheets and models. Crystal Ball automatically calculates thousands of different “what if” cases, saving the inputs and results of each calculation as individual scenarios. Analysis of these scenarios reveals the range of possible outcomes, their probability of occurring, which input has the most effect on your model and where you should focus your efforts. Crystal Ball includes powerful reports, charts and graphs that let you vividly present and communicate the results of your analysis, and give you a credible picture of risk. Oracle Crystal Ball is the leading spreadsheet-based application for predictive modelling, forecasting, simulation, and optimization. It gives you unparalleled insight into the critical factors affecting risk. With Crystal Ball, you can make the right tactical decisions to reach your objectives and gain a competitive edge under even the most uncertain market conditions.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
Perform predictive modelling, forecasting, simulation, optimization and provide unparalleled insight into the critical factors affecting risk. Oracle Crystal Ball is for strategic planners, financial analysts, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, CPAs, marketing managers, venture capitalists, consultants, Six Sigma professionals, and anyone else who uses spreadsheets to forecast uncertain results.
- Use Monte Carlo simulation to automatically calculate and record the results of thousands of different what-if cases
- Know what factors matter most with Sensitivity Analysis.
- Identify and mitigate the key inputs that drive risk
- Understand variation in key performance indicators and risk-reward tradeoffs.
- Increase the confidence you have in planning details and make more informed decisions despite a lack of data or an uncertain future.
- Collaborate effectively, standardize analysis across the organization with shared distributions.
- Identify trends and seasonality in historical data for improved forecast accuracy.
- Leverage analysis of these scenarios to reveal: a range of possible outcomes, their probability of occurring, the inputs that most impact your model, and where to focus your efforts
- Get the full picture in the face of an uncertain future
- Share your findings through graphs, charts, and reports that let you vividly present and communicate the results of your analyses
- Work as a team, sharing models and data to get your work done faster